Hubert Swindle, founder of what is now Batesville Tire & Muffler, started out with a little shop on the Square in Downtown Batesville, MS. In 1975, he moved to the current location at 296 Hwy 6 West at the intersection of Hwy 6 and Eureka Street. His sons, Mike & Ricky, were 12 & 11 years old when "The Goodyear Store" opened. They worked side by side as business continued to grow.
In 1997, "Ol' Whatchamacallit" Hubert Swindle, (as he was so fondly called), passed away leaving The Goodyear Store's customers and business in the hands of his sons. Mike & Ricky strive to keep the same good work ethic, business mind, & customer service that their Daddy instilled in them for all of those years.
With every oil change, new tire, or muffler, "The Family Tradition" continues.
1950's Our building before it became "The Goodyear Store" in 1975